Most growing businesses will reach a phase where IT challenges become prevalent. Perhaps they don’t have the in-house expertise to create a functional team, so they turn to experts in the field to help them with issues. Outsourcing IT services can be an excellent solution for many companies, but it is challenging to know which service works best for your organization. When it comes to managed services versus on-demand services, what is the difference?
Managed IT Services
When a business needs professional services to handle the day-to-day operation of its IT issues, it’s considered managed IT services. A professional team of experts available to handle operations 24/7 may also provide consulting on best practices, design, and architecture while providing top-level skills and experience.
Key Benefits of Managed IT Services
- Businesses can access teams with impressive skills and experience
- 24/7 monitoring and response
- Regular patching and maintenance are done for you
- More cost-effective with increased value
- Process improvement and change control
- Network analytics
- Reduced recruitment costs and salaries
What Are On-Demand Services?
While managed IT services are always available, on-demand services are only available when you request them. If your business has a one-off project that needs completing or a new software rollout is coming up, you can contact an on-demand service provider for assistance. On-demand support could be a great solution if you are in a growing organization where IT needs don’t require an entire team.
Key Benefits of On-Demand Services
- Businesses ready for digital transformation can utilize on-demand service providers for complete or partial assistance in cloud migration.
- On-demand service providers can act as consultants, offering ongoing advice to avoid costly IT errors.
- As businesses grow, there’s a need to update software and hardware. On-demand providers can assist with these rollouts.
- On-demand service providers offer high-level troubleshooting for complex IT issues beyond the scope of in-house staff.
Managed Services vs On-Demand Services: The Differences
Managed IT services are much more comprehensive than on-demand services, and depending on your business needs, both can be fantastic solutions. From managed IT services, you can expect a team who are an extension of your business, handling the day-to-day operations of your IT needs.
On-demand services offer you a team that offers support when you need it. It can be a great option if you need a provider on a project-by-project basis. Choosing which IT services are suitable for you depends on the size of your business, resources, and expertise.
Managed IT Services in Calgary
Taking the worry out of IT is something that Ironclad TEK specializes in. When working with us, we start by assessing your needs, budget, challenges and capacity and using that information to determine the best solution for your business while leveraging our experience, knowledge, and partnerships. You’ll always have the best services for your current IT needs. Learn more about our managed IT services here.